Various types of services based on massage therapy are offered at a spa, we may like to go through the services and we usually imagine all the massage therapies are same. We basically have a random massage by being fascinated by the name. After the massage, we reveal our feelings about the utility or effectiveness of the massage that all massages are the same. But the reality is that every massage has respective benefits.
Some differences between Swedish massage and deep Tissue Massage are presented here to change your trend of imagination.
Swedish massage is such a massage that avails strong pressure on the muscles that includes a sequence of long gliding strokes. Various essential oils are used in this type of massage that holds different aromatic benefits and these oils are helpful to lessen friction as well. Swedish massage helps developing blood circulation in the muscles which is helpful to alleviate the tension in the body and improves flexibility. It mobilizes the skin and the nervous system, hence, soothing the nerves and relieving physical, mental and emotional stress.
A Swedish massage includes five types of strokes, for instance:
- Vibration – This stroke involves ensuring movement in the entire body. If it is done properly, outcomes are very relaxing.
- Effleurage – A type of long flowing stroke that involves the therapist to spread the oils on the body and feel the muscle tone.
- Petrissage – A massage technique that involves kneading the body. Kneading strokes that lifts and squeezes the tissues, flushing out the metabolic waste in that area.
- Friction – A type of stroke that involves fast short movements producing heat in that area that increases blood flow to that area. This helps in loosening the ligaments.
- Tapotement – This stroke involves a series of light blows to the body which helps in relaxing the muscles. Majority people know it as ‘the karate chop move’.
On the other hand, Deep Tissue massage involves mainly on the connective tissues. It is such a massage that targets the deep tissue structure of the body muscles. This is beneficial and very effective for healing the people who are going through small muscle injuries and chronic problem. It is very responsive that deals with sports injuries, postural misalignment, treating spasms and muscle tension.
This is best for postural deviances and abnormal muscle tone, because it includes a series of slow, specific, and deliberate strokes. Different strokes are applied by the therapist depending on the type of the muscle that they are working on. Know about different massages and select you desiring massage to get relax and rejuvenate your body.
You are suggested to enjoy these joyful massages from expert therapists at O2 Spa.